Rugged, reliable and waterproof, the YSI 556 MPS (Multiprobe System) combines the versatility of an easy-to-use, easy-to-read handheld unit with all the functionality of a multiparameter system. Featuring a waterproof IP-67, impact-resistant case, the YSI 556 MPS simultaneously measures dissolved oxygen, pH, conductivity, temperature, and ORP. Or, simply purchase the cable to measure DO, conductivity, and temperature if needed. The YSI 556 MPS conforms to GLP standards.
- Battery Options - The unit is powered by alkaline batteries or an optional rechargeable battery pack (YSI Part # 6118) with fast charge feature.
- Optional Barometer - Internal barometer can be user-calibrated and displayed along with other data, used in dissolved oxygen calibrations, and logged to memory for tracking changes in barometric pressure.
- Carrying Case - The instrument comes standard with a soft-sided carrying case with enough space for the YSI 556 MPS, a 20-meter cable, and calibrating supplies.
Pair the 556 up with the 5083 flow cell and 5080 carrying case and you have a complete groundwater package. The 5083 flow cell is extrmely simply to connect to the 556 and cleans up even easier!
In order to ensure data quality be sure to use the 5580 Confidence Solution with the 556. Quickly check pH, ORP, and conductivity values to guarantee probe accuracy during important field studies.
The 556 also features menu-driven operation with multiple languages including Spanish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian, and English.
Data management is simple with EcoWatch™ desktop software for tabluar and graphical data representations.
• Battery Options – The unit is powered by alkaline batteries or an optional rechargeable battery pack with quick-charge feature.
• Optional Barometer – Internal barometer can be user-calibrated and displayed along with other data, used in dissolved oxygen calibrations, and logged to memory for tracking changes in barometric pressure. (Choose 556-02)
• Optional Flow Cell - The 5083 flow cell can be used for groundwater applications or anytime water is pumped for sampling.
• Carrying Case – The instrument comes standard with YSI 5061, a soft-sided carrying case with enough space for the 556, a 20-meter cable, and calibrating supplies. An optional 5080 hard-sided carrying case is also available.
• Confidence Solution® - Quality assurance ensured. Quickly check conductivity, pH, and ORP readings with one solution.
The minimum equipment requirements for the 556 Multiparameter Instrument are:
556-01 Multiparameter Instrument or 556-02 Multiparameter Instrument with Barometer
5563-4, -10, -20 meter cable assembly with conductivity, temperature and dissolved oxygen
060907 Conductivity calibrator/standard
605307 D.O. Membrane Caps
5564 pH probe
5565 pH/ORP probe